Monday, January 25, 2016

Progressive Revelation

Let's Get Real - Scripture Day 300
January 24, 2016

Through time, God has revealed more and more of himself to us...

"For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly.

When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel."

Ephesians 3:1-6 ESV

RANDY: First off I want to offer a caution.  This is not an endorsement of any new gospel about God or Jesus.

Jesus himself preached the eternal gospel of confession of sins, repentance, and forgiveness. Even he did not bring a new gospel to earth.

Paul, the writer of this scripture in several places warns specifically against accepting any new gospels. I am not endorsing the idea that new gospels are even possible at all, in fact I emphatically reject that notion.

What I am saying, and what Paul says in this part of scripture is that within the eternal gospel of repentance, God makes more of His plan for mankind known throughout time.

Originally the gospel was preached to Abraham, later to the Jews in general by Moses and the prophets,  then it was preached by Jesus himself to the Jews, then by Paul to the gentiles, and the Bible promises that in the last days (these days) it will be preached by both men and women of faith who trust in the Lord and have faith. God will pour out his spirit upon all flesh and they will prophesy. 

Do not be surprised if some end times events become more clear to the faithful as the day approaches.

The Bible promises that even though no man knows the time or the day, those who are spiritual will know the season and will not be caught unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment